Keep up to date with our product launches, events, talks, announcements and all that newsy stuff.
In March, Mint kicked off an exciting new project, working with Ipsos MORI to improve the GP Patient Survey website. The survey, which is sent out twice a year to more than three million patients, contains some great data on patients’ experiences with NHS GPs. Initial thinking was that this might be a data visualisation project. But at Mint, we sometimes look to Clayton Christensen’s jobs-to-be-done framework. We thought it might help us shape this project: might users be able to do interesting jobs with this survey data?
After a fiercely competitive four days of inventing, prototyping and making, Challenge Mint is complete! Our three teams arrived at The Greenhouse Hotel in Bournemouth on Monday 10 February with a few ideas, and left on Friday the 14th with a total of seven newly-prototyped products to present to our judges.
Four products scooped the prizes...
We have two announcements to make. First, our three teams for Challenge Mint have decided what to work on. Second, we've got a stellar panel of judges lined up to give out the awards.
Challenge Mint is only one month away, and we’re starting to get really excited.
Yesterday our three captains, Kaye, Sandeep and Adam battled it out and picked their dream teams. We can now proudly announce our three teams!
2013 has been our most awesome year yet.
Early in the year we created a play along game to accompany Was It Something I Said, a Channel 4 quiz show. It was the first time we’d used Twitter to build a second screen game. We also wrote some notes on the design process.
In February, we went on our annual week-long retreat to build new web businesses. We tackled education. It was a tough one, but we created and validated four ideas.
We started working with clients in a completely new way, using our 4D2L model. We worked with vInspired, Tesco and Universal Music to make product prototypes in four days. This gave us the chance to work more closely with clients, and the output was better for it.